ZoneMinder After Upgrade

We recently updated from ZoneMinder 1.30 to 1.34 – easy as can be, ran the DB update script and everything came right online. Except … our home automation system hasn’t been able to access the system. OpenHAB reports that the bridge is offline. And we’re getting 404 errors in all of the /zm/api calls in access_log.

Turns out the API was offline¬†because when the new package came down … there was a zoneminder.conf.rpmnew in the Apache conf.d directory. Can’t even say I found this intentionally – I wanted to check the Apache config file to see if it had anything about the api directory, did a directory listing, and said oooooh!

[lisa@fedora01 conf.d]# ll zone*
-rw-r–r– 1 root root 1990 Jul 29 18:13 zoneminder.conf
-rw-r–r– 1 root root 1990 Aug 28 22:34 zoneminder.conf.rpmnew

They’ve changed a few of the sub-directories and added components to the config. As soon as I renamed zoneminder.conf to zoneminder.conf.old, copied zoneminder.conf.rpmnew to zoneminder.conf, and repeated a few config tweaks we had made for the original installation … restarted Apache and voila, we can fetch¬†/zm/api/host/getVersion.json and get values. So if you’re getting odd 404 errors and CakePHP “/zm/api” not found errors maybe you forgot to update your config with changes from the rpmnew file.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *