- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Northwoods seasoning
- 1 cup buttermilk (or put 1 tablespoon of vinegar in measuring cup & fill to 1 cup with milk)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional add-ins like diced scallions, sautéed onions, diced spicy peppers
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Combine buttermilk and melted butter, mix well.
- Pour milk/butter into dry ingredients and stir to form a sticky dough.
- Gently stir in cheddar cheese and any optional add-ins
- Divide into sixteen equal pieces, roll and flatten to form biscuit
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown and puffy.