- 1 cup of firmly packed spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup of hemp seed
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (not powdery grated, long slivers)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- In a food processor, combine spinach, hemp seeds, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Run the processor until the spinach has been chopped into fine pieces.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, and run the processor for few seconds to incorporate.
- Add the olive oil; run the processor until you’ve got a thick paste.
This was really good. I will probably make a version with 1/2 cup of basil when basil is growing again.